Our responsibilities as a department are wide-ranging—agriculture, fisheries, forestry, biosecurity, international trade and markets, exports, scientific research and water resources.
Our Finance and Accounting stream develops graduates to become trusted financial advisors and business partners across the full range of our business responsibilities.
- Three workplace rotations through finance and accounting roles to experience the financial operations, financial management, commercial business and corporate support areas
- The opportunity to complete a Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant program after successful completion of the graduate rotations
- A five day visit to a regional office to identify innovative financial processes and improvements.
- A mentoring program with executive level staff
- An opportunity to compete for a work placement within one of the department’s portfolio agencies or regional offices
- A visit to the Minister’s Office, Senate Estimates and Parliament House to gain exposure to parliamentary proceedings
- An active network of graduates, access to a buddy and senior executive level Graduate Champion and
A targeted suite of learning and development to support your development throughout the program.
On successful completion of the program, you will become a permanent employee of the department at the APS4 classification and salary.