Our responsibilities as a department are wide-ranging—agriculture, fisheries, forestry, biosecurity, international trade and markets, exports, scientific research and water resources.
The Science stream will allow you to use your experience to have a direct impact on science based issues in the APS.
We may use this process to fill graduate positions in other agencies within the agriculture portfolio, including the Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA) and the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA).
- Three workplace rotations across the department
- A five day industry visit, providing you with a rich on the job learning experience, and the opportunity to meet with stakeholders and complete a research project.
- Executive Engagement
- An opportunity to apply for a work placement within one of the department’s portfolio agencies or regional offices.
- A visit to the Minister’s Office, Senate Estimates and Parliament House to gain exposure to parliamentary proceedings.
- Inclusion into our graduate network, access to a buddy and senior executive Graduate Champion.
- A targeted suite of learning and development to support your development throughout the program.
On successful completion of the program, you will become a permanent employee of the department at the APS4 classification and salary.