How to complete this form
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed before you can submit your request.
request under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) must include:
- enough information for us to identify documents you are requesting
- an email or postal address to enable us to contact you.
You are not required to give us your real name, or any name at all, or provide proof of your identity. However we would need this information to be able to give you access to:
- your own personal information or documents about your business affairs, or
- information on behalf of another person with their consent.
* represents mandatory field
Unclear or excessively large requests
The department may refuse to process requests that are
- would involve a substantial and unreasonable diversion of resources to process (eg too broad in scope or involve too many documents).
This is more likely to happen if your request is in general terms about a topic on which significant work has been undertaken.
This may be less likely to happen if you
- are specific about the type of document or information you seek, and
- provide a time frame of the document.
Specifying more exclusions from the scope of your request may speed up your request and may reduce processing charges.
Please provide a detailed description of the document/s you are seeking in the fields below. Eg, Letters, emails, reports etc.
Specify a date range if you seek documents over a period of time
Note: The end date can be no later than the date this application is received by the department.
Material ordinarily considered out of scope
Unless you specifically request them, we understand that your request does not include the following types of information:
- Identifying information about individuals and businesses that helps to avoid third-party consultation (e.g. names, direct contact numbers including mobiles, email addresses and personal addresses).
- Duplicates of documents
- Draft documents
- Entire documents that are publicly available
- Names, signatures and contact information (not including SES level or equivalent staff within the department).
* SES means departmental officers in the Senior Executive Service at the level of branch head and above.
Before you send
To help us prevent abuse of this site, please tick the check box below.
Problems or questions
If you have problems submitting this form or any questions please contact email@example.com