On 7 February 2019, the department engaged ACIL Allen Consulting Pty Ltd to undertake an independent mandatory legislative review on behalf of the Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources.
Section 4 of the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Legislation Amendment Act 2013 (Amendment Act) requires the Minister to cause such a review, and table a written report before the Parliament.
4 Review of operation of amendments
- The Minister must cause a review to be conducted of:
- the operation of the amendments made by this Act; and
- any other related matter that the Minister specifies.
- At least one of the persons conducting the review must be a person who is not otherwise appointed, employed or engaged by the Commonwealth.
- The review must include a request for, and consideration of, submissions from members of the public.
- The Minister must cause a written report of the review to be laid before each House of the Parliament within 15 sitting days of that House after 1 July 2019.
Have your say
ACIL Allen is inviting submissions on the operation of amendments made by the Amendment Act. Your feedback will help ACIL Allen prepare a written report for the Minister.
For more information and to download the discussion paper, please visit the ACIL Allen review page.
The deadline for making a submission is 5 pm on Friday 29 March 2019.
Please email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the review please contact Ms Teresa McMichael at ACIL Allen Consulting at the email address above or on (02) 6103 8216.
After the consultation period has closed, ACIL Allen Consulting will assess all submissions and compile a written report for the Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources suitable for tabling in Parliament.