Version 5 - October 2014
The Aircraft Disinsection Information (ADI) database is designed to provide up-to-date information regarding the status of residual and pre-embarkation disinsection of international aircraft arriving into Australia and New Zealand, for the Department of Agriculture, the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) and associated airlines.
The following two options are available to airline operators to meet Australian and New Zealand cabin and hold disinsection requirements:
- Residual - internal surfaces of an aircraft are sprayed at regular intervals, no greater than eight weeks, with a residual insecticide.
- Pre-Embarkation - the spraying of the internal surfaces of an aircraft at the last overseas port. The treatment lasts for the duration of the single flight sector.
Airlines must hold a Department of Agriculture or MPI disinsection Compliance Agreement (CA) for either of these disinsection treatment methods. Access to ADI will be granted once a CA had been approved.
Cabin disinsection must be done in conjunction with hold disinsection with both options.
If an aircraft arriving into Australia has not had their residual or pre-embarkation treatment performed as per their CA airlines must use either pre-flight and top of descent or on arrival disinsection methods. The pre-flight and top descent method will involve cargo hold spraying, and pre-flight and top-of-descent cabin spraying.
For more information see the
Schedule of Aircraft Disinsection Procedures for Flights into Australia and New Zealand.
2. Logging on
- Enter your ‘Username’
- Enter your ‘Password’ (case sensitive and must include a number)
- Select ‘Login’
If a password is entered three times incorrectly, the system will lock the user out for 30 minutes from the last incorrect attempt. After 30 minutes has elapsed, ADI will again permit access using the correct password.
If you are accessing the site for the first time you will be prompted to change your password. You must always remember that passwords are case sensitive and must include a number.
3. ADI home page
The home page is displayed to all users after logging in. Five pages are located at the top right hand corner of the page. Access to these will be determined by your ‘user status'.
4. Aircraft page
This page is used to search for the validity of an aircraft’s ‘disinsection status’ and for airlines to update and/or add and delete information.
4.1 Perform a search
To perform a search for an airline, place your cursor over ‘Aircraft’ and select ‘Aircraft Search’. You may now search by airline or callsign.
If part of a callsign/registration is entered, e.g. _ _ TAG or _ _ 05U, the search function will raise all registrations containing those letters or numbers, in that sequence.
4.2 Save search results
Once you have searched the data required you can copy and paste it into a Word document for future use.
4.3 Adding an aircraft
The ‘Add’ functionality is only accessible to system administrators and editing users.
Search for the required airline by entering the airline’s name. Once the airline is selected:
- select ‘Add’
- enter the required details
- the comment field is used for recording any information about the aircraft, e.g. when an aircraft is in for major service and may not be in use for several months
- select ‘Save’.
4.4 Modify details or deleting an aircraft
Airlines are responsible for ensuring their aircraft information is up-to-date. To update:
- Conduct a search to display the required aircraft details
- Select the ‘callsign' of the required aircraft
- update as appropriate or select delete
- Select ‘Save’.
5. Maintenance page
This page is used to change passwords and any settings, airline and users maintenance that is required.
5.1 Password tab
This page allows for the modification and confirmation of passwords. This function is accessible to all users.
Passwords are case sensitive and must include a number.
5.2 Setting/airline/user maintenance
These pages are for system administrators to update as necessary.
7. Disinsection schedule page
This page displays the
Schedule of Aircraft Disinsection Procedures for Flights into Australia and New Zealand which must be used by all airlines.
8. Contact us page
This page will direct you to the appropriate place if you need any assistance with ADI or you have any disinsection queries.
When you have finished your session – please logout using the ‘Logout’ tab.
- The requirements in this document are subject to change and it is the responsibility of the user to check they have the latest version.
- If you use automatic language translation services in connection with this document you do so at your own risk.
- The Department of Agriculture and the Ministry for Primary Industries New Zealand may revise this Disclaimer at any time by updating this posting.
- In addition please refer to Department of Agriculture’s general Disclaimer and the Ministry of Primary Industries’ Disclaimer.