Authorised Officer Information Pack for Companies
This factsheet should help you determine if your staff are ready for a formal Authorised Officer (AO) assessment. Remember, it is the responsibility of the individual applicant to determine when they are ready for assessment. This checklist is designed as a planning tool for you to assist in planning assessments for your staff.
Please note: it is important to wait until your staff are fully confident that they can complete an assessment before booking them in for a formal assessment. There are tools available for AO candidates in their welcome pack to help them decide when they are ready. An important tool for the AO candidate is the ‘candidate advice’, this is provided in their welcome pack. The candidate advice is an example of an Assessment Tools (without the answers). The Assessment Tool is used for the final theory and practical assessment of an AO Candidate.
You may need to organise to meet with your staff to discuss whether they are ready for assessment. Please circle Yes or No to the following questions:
- Has your AO candidate completed all the relevant eLearning modules? Yes No
- Has your AO candidate completed the ‘On–the–job training’ checklist included in their welcome pack? Yes No
- Has your AO candidate completed on–the–job training for the job functions they identified? Yes No
- Has your AO candidate completed the ‘Am I ready for assessment’ checklist included in their welcome pack? Yes No
- After self assessment, does your AO candidate think that they are ready and confident to complete a formal assessment? Yes No
If you answered No to any of the questions, you may want to reconsider if your staff are ready for assessment. They may want to brush up on the eLearning modules or complete on–the–job training before they start. Alternatively, they may only want to complete formal assessments for the job functions that they are confident with.
If you answered Yes to all of the questions, and if you think that your staff are ready for an AO assessment, please ensure your AO candidate has contacted the AO Administrator and provided their signed ‘I’m ready for assessment’ checklist included in their welcome pack.