6 November 2017
The purpose of this Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to inform authorised officers (AOs) of updates to instructional material on the Plant Export Operations Manual (PEOM) for work health and safety, defensible decision making and conduct and communication.
Summary of changes and key points
- The following new instructional material is available on the PEOM:
- Reference: Work health and safety in the plant export environment
- Reference: Pre-entry hazard assessment for third party worksites including bulk vessels (Take 5 checklist)
- Reference: Defensible decision making for plant export authorised officers
- Reference: Conduct and communication in the plant export environment.
- The following instructional material has been rescinded from the PEOM:
- Volume 16: Export occupational health and safety (OH&S)
- Rehabilitation checklist
- Volume 3: Defensible decision making
- Volume 15: Export communication.
- Existing instructional material that references the rescinded volumes is being reviewed. In the interim, AOs should refer to:
- Reference: Work health and safety in the plant export environment, wherever Volume 16 is cited
- Reference: Defensible decision making for plant export authorised officers, wherever Volume 3 is cited
- Reference: Conduct and communication in the plant export environment, wherever Volume 15 is cited.
The department is undertaking a review of its instructional material published on the PEOM. This includes Volumes, Guidelines, Work Instructions, References and Candidate advices. This material is being reviewed to ensure its currency and to help it better meet industry’s needs.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email the Authorised Officer Program.
Mr David Ironside
Assistant Secretary, Plant Export Operations Branch