9 July 2018
The purpose of this Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise authorised officers of an update to the instructional material for inspecting empty bulk vessels on the Plant Export Operations Manual (PEOM).
Summary of changes and key points
- An updated Bulk Vessel Approval Record (BVAR) (PE103) has been published, with the following amendments:
- Part A – Application for vessel approval has been removed.
- ‘Vessel Name’ and (International Maritime Organisation) ‘IMO Number’, ‘Inspection Port’ fields have been moved
- Addition of (Number) ‘No. of holds’ field
- Addition of ‘Vessel Approval Date and Time’
- ‘Inspection Date’ and ‘Start Time’ fields have been merged into a single field ‘Inspection Start Date and Time’
- ‘Inspection Date’ and ‘End Time’ fields have been merged into a single field ‘Inspection End Date and Time’
- Addition of an ‘Inspection Level’ field
- Overall Result options now include a ‘Passed for Cross Contamination’ option
- Additional areas columns have been realigned to be made consistent with the Plant Export Management System (PEMS) generated BVAR
- ‘Additional Areas’ column has been repositioned
- ‘Passed’ column renamed ‘Result’
- Addition of ‘Provisions stores’, ‘Dunnage’ and ‘Other’
- Addition of ‘Approved for loaded’ column
- Result options include Pass/Fail/Pass for Cross Contamination and N/A
- Department logo and text has been updated to the current format
- ‘Date of Issue’ has been removed and ‘Authorised Officer Signature’ has been renamed ‘Authorised Officer Signature and Date’
- Instructions for completing the BVAR can be found in the Work Instruction: Completing plant export compliance, approval and running records.
- Version 2 of the Work Instruction: Inspecting empty bulk vessels has been published, with minor formatting changes.
- Version 2 of the Reference: Work health and safety in the plant export environment has been published, with minor formatting changes.
- Version 3 of the Guideline: Empty bulk vessels for export has been published, with the addition of equivalent pre-requisite competencies.
The department is currently reviewing its instructional material. Changes will be notified through an IAN as they occur.
If you have any questions regarding the content of the new instruction material please email the Information Management Team.
Mr David Ironside
Plant Export Operations Branch