6 November 2018
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise industry and Authorised Officers (AOs) of updates to the work plans for summerfruit and table grape exports to the People’s Republic of China, to include relevant departmental policy on accredited properties and the new export pathway for table grapes.
Summary of changes and key points
- The work plans have been updated to incorporate policy related to the following instructional material published on the Plant Export Operations Manual
- The format and terminology of the work plans have been updated to provide clarification in relation to
- accredited property requirements
- suspension of accreditation
- AOs responsibilities
- exporter responsibilities
- inclusion of instruction material links.
- The table grapes work plan also includes the addition of a new pathway requirement for methyl bromide fumigation followed by onshore cold treatment.
Work plans and protocols are available on the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR) Plants website. To access these documents, you must be a registered MICoR Plant user.
Exporter and AO responsibilities
Exporters, AOs and treatment providers must be aware of, and follow, the conditions detailed in the current work plans. The work plans are to be referred to in conjunction with the protocols and the relevant instructional material on the Plant Export Operations Manual.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email the Horticulture Exports Program.
Mr David Ironside
Plant Export Operations Branch