Rights of Appeal

​​​​ If you feel you have been unfairly treated, or do not agree with a decision by an Authorised Officer we recommend in the first instance you seek an internal review through the local office Regional Manager.

If you remain unsatisfied with the outcome, we suggest you then contact the National Office. Please see the Program Contacts for the relevant contact details.

If you still feel aggrieved, depending on the decision, you may have further rights of review either to the Federal Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) or to the courts. Information about rights of appeal to the AAT will be provided by the department, where applicable, at the relevant time.