13 March 2018
Who does this notice affect?
Biosecurity Industry Participants (BIPs) and accredited persons operating under the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources Class 19.2 Approved Arrangement: Automatic Entry Processing for Commodities (AEPCOMM).
Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) that deliver the unit of competency TLIX5054 Comply with Biosecurity Clearance.
What has changed?
An updated version (v5.0) of the ‘Requirements for approved arrangement Class 19.2: Automatic Entry Processing for Commodities’ has been published on the requirements for operating approved arrangements webpage. The following changes have been made to the commodity groupings:
- Timber products group has been amended to include unfinished timber. This will allow unfinished timber products to be processed on AEPCOMM with other approved timber products
- Tariff groups 4409 and 4418 have been added to the highly processed and manufactured wooden articles group
- Used passenger vehicles and parts and used machinery and parts have been consolidated under one commodity group allowing all in scope tariffs to be processed on the same entry
- Out of scope criteria for used passenger vehicles and parts and used machinery and parts has been updated to incorporate all Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB) measures
- Minor edits to improve the content and format of the document.
Note: BICON has been updated to include AEPCOMM codes for the relevant commodity pathways.
Please contact the Broker Engagement team if you have any questions.