Key agricultural conference heads to Shepparton
2 October 2018
Big picture issues affecting agriculture, farm financing and expert analysis on key agricultural forecasts, water markets and the dairy sector are some of the issues up for discussion at a free agriculture conference in Shepparton on 10 October.
The Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES) Shepparton Regional Outlook conference will be an important forum for delegates to access the latest commodity forecasts, insights on the future for the dairy sector and to understand future scenarios for irrigation water.
ABARES Executive Director, Steve Hatfield-Dodds said the conference will give delegates the opportunity to share common issues, ask questions of the speakers and consider new approaches to traditional issues.
“Our Regional Outlook conferences feature a diverse range of local speakers, complemented by ABARES economists with the one day program focusing on industries and issues relevant to the region,” Dr Hatfield-Dodds said.
“Delegates gain important insights into what lies ahead for the agriculture sector, along with access to a range of expert speakers.
“Having access to the latest commodity data is a key planning tool for many of our delegates, I encourage locals involved in agriculture to attend.”
- Steve Hatfield-Dodds, ABARES Executive Director - Big picture issues affecting agriculture
- Matt Ryan, Regional Investment Corporation - Finance for farmers in need
- Vernon Carr, Bureau of Meteorology - Changing the way we collect and deliver weather and climate information
- Mihir Gupta, ABARES - Future scenarios for water markets in the southern Basin
- Russell Pell, Derinean - Water for now and water for the future
- Dave Davies, NAB - Banking dairy in the Goulburn Valley
- Andrew Cameron, ABARES - Dairy outlook and issues
- Matt Watt, Fonterra - Working together to build the future of Australian dairy.
The conference will be held on 10 October 2018 at the Shepparton Golf Club. The conference opens at 9am to 4pm with catering provided.
Pre-event registration is essential. For the full program and to register for the event visit Regional Outlook conferences.
For enquiries please email Conferences
- At each Regional Outlook conference, senior ABARES analysts present the economic overview and forecasts for relevant agricultural commodities and farm financial performance.
- A range of regionally based speakers and producers discuss industry challenges and strategies for growth, investment and innovation opportunities, natural resource management, plus case studies from people taking innovative approaches in their businesses.
- Join others from across your region to hear commodity forecasts, discuss industry trends, access information and make new contacts in your community that can encourage new approaches to traditional issues.
- Delegates include producers, bankers, consultants and other service providers, rural counsellors, local business owners, state and local government staff, regional development groups and others with an interest in their region.