Job benefits and conditions
The Department of Agriculture and Water Resources offers excellent job benefits and tenable workplace conditions to its employees. People employed by the department are:
- bound by the Australian Public Service (APS) values, employment principles and code of conduct
- entitled to the arrangements detailed in the current enterprise agreement.
Diversity and inclusion
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace environment that values and utilises the contributions of people with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We work hard to cultivate a supportive workplace environment that encourages and engages in diversity. We support six diversity networks:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employees Network
- Carers and Flexible Employees Network
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Network
- Disability Employees Network
- LGBTI Pride Network
- Women’s Integrated Network.
We are committed to providing a supporting and safe work environment. We recognise that healthy and active employees with an appropriate work–life balance are likely to be more productive in the workplace. Our staff have access to:
- annual influenza (flu) vaccinations
- other vaccinations for employees at risk of infection (e.g. Q fever, hepatitis B)
- health and fitness reimbursement for approved activities and equipment
- work health and safety information and training.
Learning and development
Professional development opportunities in the department include:
- on-the-job training
- elearning courses
- internal assignments
- secondment opportunities
- study leave for approved external studies.
Flexible working arrangements include:
- part-time work
- job sharing
- paid annual leave
- additional support for carers
- many leave provisions.