Finance and Accounting stream
Our responsibilities as a department are wide-ranging—agriculture, fisheries, forestry, biosecurity, international trade and markets, exports, scientific research and water resources.
Our Finance and Accounting stream develops graduates to become trusted financial advisors and business partners across the full range of our business responsibilities.
- Three workplace rotations through finance and accounting roles to experience budgets, financial operations, financial management, commercial business and corporate support areas.
- The opportunity to complete a Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant program after successful completion of the graduate rotations.
- A mentoring program with executive level staff.
- Levies record inspections in either Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide.
- Shadowing the Chief Finance Officer and finance executives for a day.
- Regular program reviews with the CFO.
- A five day visit to a regional office to identify innovative financial processes and improvements.
- A visit to the Minister’s Office, Senate Estimates and Parliament House to gain exposure to parliamentary proceedings.
- Opportunities to compete for a work placement within one of our portfolio agencies or regional offices.
- An active network of graduates, access to buddies from previous graduate programs and a senior executive level Graduate Champion.
- A targeted suite of learning and development to support you throughout the program.
- Professional, experienced and accredited staff – the department is a Recognised Employer Partner with CPA and an Approved Training Employer with CA ANZ.
On successful completion of the program you will become a permanent employee of the department at the APS4 classification and salary, in a finance and/or business support role.