Our responsibilities as a department are wide-ranging—agriculture, fisheries, forestry, biosecurity, international trade and markets, exports, scientific research and water resources.
Our Legal stream develops graduates to become trusted advisors across the full range of our business responsibilities.
- Three workplace rotations through various roles to experience our broad range of legal functions and business responsibilities
- A five day industry visit, providing you with a rich on the job learning experience, and the opportunity to meet with stakeholders and complete a research project.
- An opportunity to compete for a work placement within one of the department’s portfolio agencies or regional offices
- Visits to the Minister’s Office, Senate Estimates and Parliament House to gain exposure to parliamentary proceedings
- An active network of graduates, access to a buddy and senior executive level Graduate Champion and
- A targeted suite of learning and development to support your development throughout the program.
On successful completion of the program, you will become a permanent employee of the department at the APS4 classification and salary.