Our work is incredibly diverse. As a graduate in our Generalist stream, you will get to take full advantage of this through the variety of workplace rotations.
Areas of work
Your work with us could range from:
- protecting the nation’s biosecurity status
- biodiversity conservation
- National Parks and heritage
- fresh produce
- animal welfare
- waste and recycling
- international trade
In each rotation you will perform real tasks and responsibilities. You will be fully immersed in the work of your team.
- Diverse workplace rotations
- Question Time and Senate Estimates visits (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Attending Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) graduate events (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Targeted learning and development to support you in the program
- Inclusion in our graduate network, access to a buddy, and engagement with the executive
- An opportunity to apply for a work placement within one of our portfolio agencies or regional offices (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
How to apply
Applications for the 2023 Graduate Development Program open 7 March 2022.
You will be required to submit a 500 word statement. It must outline:
- your reason for applying
- what personal qualities you will bring to the role
- how you intend to apply those qualities in a professional capacity
You must also upload a copy of your CV and academic transcript. Read more about how to apply.