Our Legal stream develops graduates to become trusted legal advisors across the full range of our business responsibilities.
Areas of work
Your work with us will include rotations through different areas of our Legal Division, and one rotation in another area of the department to provide you with broad experience. The Legal Division is responsible for all legal services and advice required by the department, including:
- litigation and claims resolution
- contracts and grants management
- commercial and corporate law
- statutory interpretation and advisings
- employment law
- regulatory law
- legislative development
- information law
- debt recovery
- investigations and enforcement.
The Legal Division facilitates excellent legal outcomes for our clients and focuses on ensuring staff are supported and developed to operate in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
- Diverse workplace rotations that will develop and enhance your legal skills
- Question Time and Senate Estimates visits (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Attending Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) graduate events (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Targeted learning and development to support you in the program
- Inclusion in our graduate network, access to a buddy and engagement with the executive
- Financial support to undertake the Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice course to obtain a practising certificate
How to apply
Applications for the 2023 Graduate Development Program open 7 March 2022.
You will be required to submit a 500 word statement. It must outline:
- your reason for applying and particular interest areas
- what personal qualities you will bring to the role
- how you intend to apply those qualities in a professional capacity
You must also upload a copy of your CV and academic transcript. Read more about how to apply.