Reconciliation Action Plan 2017-2019
Celebrating National Reconciliation Week 2019
Hear what some of our people say Reconciliation means to them.
Growing Reconciliation is the department’s fourth Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), and has been granted official ‘Stretch’ status from Reconciliation Australia. The RAP demonstrates the department’s deep commitment to reconciliation within the organisation and across its sphere of influence.
Growing Reconciliation is the result of extensive consultation within the department, including regular forums, focus groups, and meetings with our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ambassadors and the RAP Working Group.
The department has committed to specific reconciliation actions and targets across the three years to 2019. This plan is supported by the department’s staff, portfolio and partner agencies, stakeholders and communities.
Growing reconciliation covers five focus areas:
- Extending respect—widespread cultural learning, reconciliation awards, acknowledgment practices and efforts to address bias and racism.
- Northern futures—strengthening capacity for biosecurity surveillance and increasing contracted work with ranger groups.
- Inspired partnerships—partnering with ranger and community groups, sponsorships, outreach, and social media pilots.
- Rewarding careers—recruitment and retention in entry level programs, mentoring, and short term secondments.
- Collective decisions—Indigenous procurement, divisional planning for reconciliation, RAP implementation and reporting.
|Growing reconciliation - Reconciliation Action Plan 2017-2019 PDF||40||9.41 MB|
|Growing reconciliation - Reconciliation Action Plan 2017-2019 DOCX||40||6.18 MB|
|Growing reconciliation - Reconciliation Action Plan Summary 2017-2019 DOCX||2||848 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit web accessibility for assistance.