AHC Vetcommunique October AHC22 - edition 2012/3
Animal Health Committee 22 Face to Face, 17-18 October 2012
Welcome to the Animal Health Committee (AHC) newsletter for animal industry bodies. The aim of the Vetcommunique is to provide a communication link between AHC and industry bodies.
AHC meetings are attended by the Chief Veterinary Officers (CVOs) of the Commonwealth, States and Territories, the New Zealand CVO and representatives from Animal Health Australia (AHA), Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL), Animal Division (DAFF), Animal Biosecurity (DAFF) and Australian Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities (SEWPaC). National Industry association representatives and industry representatives from the host jurisdiction also attend an AHC industry forum.
AHC meets on 17-18 October 2012 in Fremantle, WA. Dr Ian Roth is the New South Wales Chief Veterinary Officer and AHC Chair for 2012.
Further information on the structure of AHC can be found on the Animal Health Committees page.
Key Items for discussion
Industry involvement at AHC22 face-to-face meeting
Representatives from the Animal Health Australia Industry Forum have been invited to attend a joint session with AHC on Wednesday 17 October 2012.
Issues that will be discussed at this joint session include:
- An update on the implementation of the National General Surveillance Program
- Ovine Johne’s Disease (OJD)
- Bovine Johne’s Disease (BJD)
- An update on Cattle Council of Australia (CCA) and Australian Cattle Veterinarians (ACV) progress on a Unit of Competency for Lay Spayers
- On-Farm biosecurity manual
- National database and standardisation of microchipping for horses
- National Livestock Standstill Exercise
Other issues to be discussed by AHC include:
- An update on the National Action Plan for Foot and Mouth Disease
- An update on Hendra virus in Queensland
- Aquatic Emergency Animal Disease Response arrangements
- AQUAPLAN 2005-2010 Review.
- Dr Ian Roth (AHC Chair 2012), New South Wales CVO, 02 6391 3577
- Dr Andrew Cameron, Victorian CVO, 03 9217 4237
- Dr Mark Schipp, Australian CVO, 02 6272 4644
- Dr Brian Radunz, Northern Territory CVO, 08 8999 2130
- Dr Rob Rahaley, South Australian CVO, 08 8207 7970
- Dr Rick Symons, Queensland CVO, 07 3087 8014
- Dr Rod Andrewartha, Tasmanian CVO, 03 6233 6836
- Dr Peter Morcombe , Western Australian a/CVO, 08 9368 3344
- Dr Will Andrew, Australian Capital Territory CVO, 02 6207 2357
- Dr Andrew Cupit, Animal Biosecurity, DAFF, 02 6272 5444
- Dr Michelle Blowes, Animal Division, DAFF, 02 6272 4454
- Prof. Martyn Jeggo, Australian Animal Health Laboratories, 03 5227 5511
- Dr Eva-Maria Bernoth, Animal Health Australia, 02 6203 3944
- Ms Joanne Nathan, SEWPaC, 02 6275 9252
- Dr Phoebe Readford, Secretary, Animal Health Committee, 02 6272 4532