16 March 2015
Species: All livestock
- Live Animal Exporters
- Department of Agriculture Live Animal Exports Officers
- MLA / LiveCorp / ALEC
To advise exporters of amended processes for the export of livestock to Israel.
For export consignments of livestock to Israel, the Israel Veterinary Services and Animal Health (IVSAH) requires the Department of Agriculture (department) to submit a series of additional notifications – the compilation letter process. When all the relevant information is received, IVSAH provides their final written version of consent to import the livestock into Israel (the Compilation Letter).
The department has consulted with IVSAH in reviewing this process with the aim of delivering certainty to both the department and exporters of livestock to Israel.
1. When a Notice of Intention (NOI) to export livestock to Israel is submitted to the department via TRACE, the Central (Canberra) Office sends a Preliminary Advice letter to IVSAH.
There is no longer any need for exporters to also separately send a notification to the relevant Regional Office for that office to relay to IVSAH.
2. Once arrangements for the export are finalised and test results for the livestock to be exported are available, the relevant Regional Office sends a combined Compilation Letter Request and Test Result Summary letter to IVSAH.
- Details for the Compilation Letter Request are taken from the final version of the NOI so there is no longer any need for exporters of these livestock to separately send notice of the final details to the Regional Office for provision to IVSAH.
- Exporters must provide the necessary detailed test results to the Regional Office. Test Result Summary templates to be used by exporters are attached (Attachments 1-2).
3. The Regional Office will only issue a Permission to Leave for Loading after receipt of the Compilation Letter issued by IVSAH.
The new process is effective immediately.
Live Animal Exports Branch
Department of Agriculture
Contact officer: Tim Naylor
Ph: (02) 6272 4581
Attachment 1: Test Result Summary – Feeder Cattle PDF [534 KB]
Attachment 2: Test Result Summary – Breeder Sheep PDF [624 KB]