22 April 2016
Species: All livestock
- Livestock Exporters
- Department Officers
- MLA, LiveCorp and ALEC
To advise all livestock exporters a series of webinars to assist in preparing an approved arrangement are now available on the LiveCorp website.
- Webinars have been prepared to assist exporters in writing their approved arrangement.
- Webinar titles include:
- Introduction to approved arrangements;
- Writing your approved arrangement – Getting started;
- Writing your approved arrangement – Part 1: Governance;
- Writing your approved arrangement – Part 2: Operations;
- Writing your approved arrangement – Part 3: Quality assurance;
- Standard export plans (will be available 2 May 2016).
- The videos can be accessed from the ‘Australian Government Regulation & Market Negotiations’ webpage in the members section of the LiveCorp website.
- Exporters will need to log in to the members section of the LiveCorp website to view the videos. If exporters do not have a log in they should contact LiveCorp at LiveCorp or 02 9929 6755. If exporters have forgotten their password it can be reset through the log in window on the LiveCorp website.
Your feedback on the webinars and indications of interest in further webinars is very welcome. Pending interest and feedback on this series of six webinars, the department may develop further webinars. Feedback or ideas for further webinars can be provided to Livestock Export.
General information on approved arrangements is available on the department’s website.
An approved arrangement is an agreement between the department and a livestock exporter that allows for a more streamlined approach to export certification. The arrangement sets out the procedures an exporter employs in its business to ensure Australian Government requirements for the certification of livestock for export are met, including:
- the Australian Standard for the Export of Livestock (ASEL)
- importing country requirements
- other legislative requirements.
Approved arrangements will reduce unnecessary regulations and costs for compliant exporters. It brings the export of livestock into line with other export commodities, including meat, dairy, fish and eggs.
For further information exporters are able to contact the department by email at Livestock Export or by phone 02 6272 4581.
Approved by – Trysh Stone, Senior Director, Reform and Policy, Live Animal Export Branch
Contact officer: Jessica Eddington
Phone: 02 6272 4581
Email: Livestock Export