18 October 2019
|Export Advisory Notice 2019-10 PDF||2||120 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing this file, please visit web accessibility.
- Australian Government Accredited Veterinarians
- Australian Livestock Exporters’ Council
- Department Officers
- Livestock Exporters
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- Registered Premises Operators
To advise stakeholders that the department is commencing consultation on the implementation of the recommendations from the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock review (ASEL review).
- Consultation on the implementation of the recommendations for the export of livestock by sea is now open.
- Consultation on the implementation of the recommendations for the export of livestock by air is expected to open shortly after the release of the ASEL air review final report.
- Stakeholders are invited to provide feedback on the topics included in the consultation papers for sea and air through the department's Have Your Say webpage. Each consultation paper will be open for feedback for a period of 4 weeks.
- Stakeholders can subscribe through the Have Your Say webpage to receive notification of any updates to the consultation round. A notification will be sent to subscribers when the consultation paper for the implementation of recommendations from the ASEL air review is published.
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) has made recommendations as part of its review of the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (ASEL).
The department is consulting on the implementation of many of the recommendations made, including the policies that support implementation.
The consultation approach includes the opportunity for stakeholders to provide written feedback through the department's Have Your Say webpage. The department is also holding face to face sessions with industry in the last week of October.
The department intends to implement a new version of ASEL in the first half of 2020.
Live Animal Export Branch
Department of Agriculture
Phone: 08 8998 4979