17 March 2020
|Export Advisory Notice 2020-03 PDF||2||164 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing this file, please visit web accessibility.
- Animals Australia
- Australian Government Accredited Veterinarians
- Australian Livestock Exporters Council
- Livestock Exporters
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- Registered Premise Operators
To advise that the department will pause the deployment of independent observers on all livestock vessels from 17 March 2020.
- The department will pause the deployment of independent observers on all livestock vessels due to the national and international response to COVID-19, including the Australian Government’s advice to reconsider non-essential international travel.
- It is anticipated the pause will be in place for at least three weeks.
- The department will continue to monitor the situation closely and deploy as soon as conditions allow.
- Exporters should continue to ensure that arrangements can be made to accommodate an IO on future consignments, in preparation for the recommencement of IO deployments.
- The department will directly contact exporters who have been advised that an IO will be required for an upcoming voyage.
- Additional reporting will be required for some voyages. The department will advise exporters of requirements on a consignment-by-consignment basis.
Overseas travel has become more complex and unpredictable as many countries are introducing entry or movement restrictions. The Australian Government has advised that all Australians should reconsider non-essential international travel.
A 14 day self-isolation requirement has been placed on all international arrivals, including returning Australian residents.
More information on the travel advice is available at https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/coronavirus-covid-19.
Director, Operations and Governance
Live Animal Export Branch
Department of Agriculture
Phone: 02 6272 4581