19 June 2020
|Export Advisory Notice 2020-13 PDF||2||525 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing this file, please visit web accessibility.
- Australian Government Accredited Veterinarians (AAVs)
- Australian Livestock Exporters’ Council
- Department Officers
- Livestock Exporters
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- Registered Premises Operators
To advise industry stakeholders that amendments to the relevant export legislation have been finalised. Exporters and registered premises operators should now have received a notice from us outlining what they need to do to transition to the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (ASEL) 3.0.
- Two legal amendments have been completed which mean ASEL 3.0 will apply to all consignments that leave Australia on or after 1 November 2020.
- The amendments were to the following Orders:
- Following these amendments being made, all licenced exporters and registered premises operators should have received a notice from us outlining what they need to do to update their approved application types with the department.
- These notices were sent via email on 12 and 13 June 2020. This includes notices outlining the process and next steps unique to:
- exporters holding a current approved arrangement and approved export program
- exporters holding a small and infrequent exemption
- registered premises operators.
- If you hold one of these approved application types and have not received a notice from us outlining what you need to do to transition to ASEL 3.0, please email email@example.com for assistance.
- We also invite you to contact us if you would like to make a one on one appointment with the department to discuss your variation application or alterations to your RP operations manual prior to submission.
- On 22 April 2020, the department published a new version of ASEL. ASEL 3.0 will apply to all consignments that leave Australia on or after 1 November 2020. ASEL 2.3 continues to apply for all consignments that leave Australia on or before 31 October 2020.
- Further information on the transition to ASEL 3.0 can be found on the department’s transitioning to ASEL 3.0 webpage. This webpage will be updated as more information becomes available.
Live Animal Export Branch
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Phone: 02 6272 4581