29 September 2021
|Export advisory notice 2021-18 PDF||2||170 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, please visit web accessibility.
Species: Livestock exported by air
- Livestock exporters
- Department officers
To advise stakeholders of the release of the 48th edition of the IATA LAR.
- Standard 6.1.13 of the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (ASEL) requires livestock exported by air to comply with the IATA LARs.
- Where there is a variance between the IATA LAR and ASEL, ASEL applies.
- To obtain a copy of the 2022 edition of the IATA LARs, and download a list of significant changes and amendments, please visit Live Animals Regulations (LAR).
- The new edition will come into effect from 1 January 2022.
- Until this time, the current LAR (47th edition) applies.
This advice follows recommendations from the 2019 Technical Advisory Committee Review of the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock: Air Transport Review, that:
- the standards include a provision that the IATA Regulations, as amended and in force from time to time, shall apply to the export of livestock by air from Australia, unless there is a variance with the ASEL, in which case the ASEL should apply
- the department releases an Export Advisory Notice when the IATA Regulations are amended.
Animal Welfare Branch
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Phone: 02 6272 4581