1 October 2021
|Export advisory notice 2021-19 PDF||2||182 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, please visit web accessibility.
Species: Cattle, buffalo, sheep and goats
- Accredited Veterinarians (AAVs)
- Department officers
To advise Accredited Veterinarians (AAVs) and Department Officers that the department has published beta versions of the complete Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (ASEL) rejection criteria guidebooks for cattle and buffalo, and sheep and goats, to support the consistent application of the ASEL.
- The Rejection Criteria Guidebooks (the guidebooks) aim to:
- clearly articulate the ASEL rejection criteria and provide clarification and technical information to users of ASEL (government and non-government) for the selection of export livestock to promote the consistent application of rejection criteria
- improve welfare outcomes for export livestock through better management prior to loading
- provide clear guidelines and images for use by all supply chain stakeholders around livestock which are not suitable for export or to enter the export supply chain.
- The guidebooks are in a beta phase and are password protected (see instructions). Updates will be made as required and released more broadly in coming months.
- During this beta phase, we are seeking feedback and comments from AAVs and Department Officers on the content and layout, and additional media (photographs and video).
- The documents are available at Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock.
- You will need a password to access the documents. It is the same that was previously provided for part 1 of the cattle and buffalo guidebook and can be provided on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please email feedback and media (including description) to email@example.com.
This is the first of a series of collaborative projects to promote the consistent application of the ASEL.
Animal Welfare Branch
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Phone: 02 6272 2388