17 March 2022
- All stakeholders
To advise stakeholders that the department has created a new industry notice category which will supplement the existing Export Advisory Notices (EAN). These new notices will be called Market Access Notices (MAN).
- The department will issue MANs when stakeholders need to be provided with important market access information. For example, MANs may contain information relevant to specific export markets including sensitivities or changes to requirements. This information had previously been issued in EANs.
- After issuance, MANs will be published on the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (Micor), rather than the department’s website where EANs will continue to be located. This will mean all market related information will be available in one place.
- After distribution and publication, you will be able to find MANs here: https://micor.agriculture.gov.au/live-animals/Pages/default.aspx
- MANs will be issued using the same process and distribution list for EANs. There are no changes to the distribution and publication process for EANs.
- Micor is an information management system, that brings together the importing country requirements of Australia’s agricultural export partners on to a single platform. Exporters maintain responsibility for ensuring they understand and confirm importing country requirements.
- This work is part of a broader project underway to review content on the department’s live animal export webpages to ensure information is up to date, readily available and easy to find.
- The department is moving towards using EANs as a point in time notice only, in order to avoid confusion over whether EANs are current or expired. A list of current EANs was published in February 2022.
- MANs will contain on-going information and the department will update previous notices as required. A current list will be maintained on Micor.
Live Animal Export Branch
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Phone: 02 6272 4581