25 August 2022
- Livestock exporters
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- Australian Livestock Exporters’ Council
- Department Officers
- To advise stakeholders that the department has published a new policy for the export of livestock entitled: Timing of health status documentation for livestock exports (the new policy) to support and facilitate market access.
- The new policy provides direction and clarity to all livestock exporters about the timing of issuance of state and territory government health status documentation. This documentation is held and presented by exporters for livestock consignments to demonstrate compliance with importing country requirements.
- The new policy will apply from 1 October 2022 for all livestock consignments starting quarantine or the preparation period (as required by the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock) in the registered establishment or premises where the animals are held immediately prior to export.
- For the purposes of this policy, health status documentation includes documentation issued by state and territory governments for the purposes of demonstrating that states, regions, animal health zones and premises comply with the importing country requirements.
- Health status documentation issued by state and territory governments are an essential aspect of Australia’s export certification system.
Live Animal Export Branch
Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
Senior Veterinary Officer
Phone: 02 6272 4581