02 September 2022
- All livestock stakeholders
To inform stakeholders that the department is commencing consultation on the draft registered establishment guidelines for the export of livestock by sea (RE guidelines).
- Consultation on the RE guidelines is now open.
- The department invites stakeholders to provide feedback through Have Your Say.
- We are seeking feedback on the readability, usefulness, and practicality of the draft RE guidelines.
- Consultation will be open for 6 weeks.
- Once published, the RE guidelines will support establishment occupiers to prepare new or varied RE operations manuals to satisfactorily address ASEL and other regulatory requirements.
- The way we assess applications, and requirements and standards that RE occupiers must meet, are not changing through this work. As such, existing RE occupiers will not need to vary their registration or operations manuals to incorporate these new guidelines.
RE operations manuals outline business operations of an establishment and management practices of livestock for export. RE occupiers must ensure their operations manual meets all our requirements.
Live Animal Export Branch
Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
Phone: 02 6272 4581