24 November 2022
To advise all stakeholders that amendments have been made to the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (ASEL) 3.2 to provide for the use of management plans for the accommodation of sheep after shearing and the shearing of sheep during the Northern Hemisphere winter.
- Minor amendments have been made to ASEL 3.2 to provide for the use of management plans to meet the requirements under ASEL standards 3.7.2 and 3.7.3.
- The web version of ASEL 3.2 has been updated.
- These amendments are in response to stakeholder feedback and are designed to accommodate differences in individual operations whilst ensuring that animal welfare outcomes are maintained.
- The Approved arrangement guidelines for the export of livestock will be updated with guidelines for both management plans shortly.
- Exporters interested in utilising the new management plan options will need to make an application to vary their approved arrangement, and include their proposed management plan for assessment. The operations and governance manual of the Registered Establishment, where livestock under the proposed management plan are to be held, may also need to be varied to accommodate the management plan option/s.
- Application for export licence, approved arrangement, and approved export program application form
- Livestock Registered Establishments – new application, renewal, and variations
- Exporters interested in utilising the new management plan options are encouraged to contact the department for further details via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Animal Welfare Branch
Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
Phone: 02 6272 3412