24 November 2022
- All exporters of animal reproductive material
To advise exporters of animal reproductive material of the new process for submitting and approving notices of intention (NOI) to export.
- From 1 February 2023 the department will no longer be accepting NOIs via email; all NOIs for animal reproductive material must be submitted through the Tracking Animal Certification for Export (TRACE) system.
- Exporters of animal reproductive material that are known to the department, and not already using TRACE, will be contacted from 28 November 2022 to create a TRACE account to manage NOI submissions.
- The changes will be reflected on the department’s website on the Export of animal reproductive material page.
- Exporters will receive an email with instructions on how to create an account and lodge an NOI through TRACE from 28 November 2022.
- New exporters of reproductive material will be able to request account creation by contacting the department via email: email@example.com.
- NOI applications received via email can still be accepted prior to 1 February 2023. Exporters submitting email NOI applications after 1 February 2023 will be directed to create an account and lodge the application through TRACE.
Since April 2022, the department has been working with exporters of live animal reproductive material to submit NOIs via TRACE. Several exporters across all commodities were involved in the trial process, with the number of exporters growing throughout the phases.
Principal Veterinary Officer
Veterinary and Export Meat Branch
Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry