Ballast Water Survey Authority Authorisation
This document lists organisations authorised to be ballast water survey authorities as described by the Biosecurity Act 2015.
Biosecurity (Ballast Water Survey Authority) Authorisation (No. 2) 2017
This authorisation was made by Daryl Quinlivan, Director of Biosecurity on 30 August 2017.
This instrument is the Biosecurity (Ballast Water Survey Authority) Authorisation (No. 2) 2017.
- Each provision of this instrument specified in column 1 of the table commences, or is taken to have commenced, in accordance with column 2 of the table. Any other statement in column 2 has effect according to its terms.
- Any information in column 3 of the table is not part of this instrument. Information may be inserted in this column, or information in it may be edited, in any published version of this instrument.
|Column 1 Provisions||Column 2 Commencement||Column 3 Date/Details|
|1. The whole of this instrument||The later of:|
(a) the start of the day after this instrument is registered; and
(b) the commencement of Schedule 1 to the Biosecurity Amendment(Ballast Water and Other Measures) Act 2017.
However, the provisions do not commence at all if the event mentioned in paragraph (b) does not occur.
This table relates only to the provisions of this instrument as originally made. It will not be amended to deal with any later amendments of this instrument.
This instrument is made under section 290A of the Biosecurity Act 2015.
Each of the following is authorised to be a survey authority:
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS);
- Bureau Veritas (BV);
- Det Norske Veritas Germanischer Lloyd (DNV GL);
- Lloyd’s Register (LR);
- Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (Class NK);
- China Classification Society (CCS);
- Korean Register of Shipping (KR);
- Registro Italiano Navale (RINA).
|Biosecurity (Ballast Water Survey Authority) Authorisation (No. 2) 2017 PDF||5||207 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, please visit web accessibility.