Biosecurity Futures group
The new Biosecurity Futures group will provide strategic industry advice to the Minister for Agriculture on matters relevant to Australia’s biosecurity system. This includes:
- current and emerging biosecurity risks
- challenges and opportunities for the system.
Establishing this group will ensure industry continues to play a key role in Australia’s biosecurity policy. It was also a key recommendation of the Biosecurity Imports Levy Industry Steering Committee.
The Minister for Agriculture chairs the group.
Members will represent a cross-section of industries and supply chains where biosecurity is an important factor.
- Paul Zalai, Freight and Trade Alliance
- Margo Andrae, Australian Pork Limited
- Stephen Annells, Fertilizer Australia
- Carolyn McGill, Food and Beverage Importers Association
- Jane Lovell, Seafood Industry Australia
- Tania Constable, Mineral Council of Australia
- Tony Mahar, National Farmers’ Federation
- Margy Osmond, Tourism and Transport Forum
- Mike Gallacher, Ports Australia
An introductory teleconference will be held in December 2019. The first meeting is likely to be early 2020.
Future meetings will be at the minister’s request.
Terms of reference
Read the terms of reference for the Biosecurity Futures group.
These terms of reference set the scope of the group’s role. The minister can also seek the group’s views or advice on specific matters.
|Biosecurity Futures group terms of reference PDF||1||208 KB|
|Biosecurity Futures group terms of reference DOCX||1||24 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit web accessibility for assistance.