2016-03 - Supporting material to write an approved arrangement
24 March 2016
Species: All livestock
- Livestock Exporters
- Department Officers
- MLA, LiveCorp and ALEC
To advise all livestock exporters that supporting material to prepare an approved arrangement is now available.
- Supporting material has been prepared to assist exporters in writing their approved arrangement.
- Supporting material includes
- Approved arrangements fact sheet;
- A mock approved arrangement;
- Standard export plan explanation;
- Standard export plan template; and
- A diagram explaining how standard export plans sit within the arrangement.
- These documents are now available on the department’s website.
Further supporting material
In addition to the documents listed above, more material is being developed to inform exporters about how livestock exports will operate under approved arrangements, including associated fees and charges.
This material will include the application form, more factsheets and frequently asked questions. These will be progressively uploaded to the department’s website over the coming weeks.
A series of webinars will be hosted on the LiveCorp website in the coming two weeks. Information about the webinars and invitations to participate will be sent to exporters via email.Officers are available to meet with exporters to discuss approved arrangements and exporters’ individual circumstances. To request a meeting or teleconference, contact the Live Animal Exports branch at Livestock Exports.
An approved arrangement is an agreement between the department and a livestock exporter that allows for a more streamlined approach to export certification. The arrangement sets out the procedures an exporter employs in its business to ensure Australian Government requirements for the certification of livestock for export are met, including:
- the Australian Standard for the Export of Livestock (ASEL)
- importing country requirements
- other legislative requirements.
Approved arrangements will reduce unnecessary regulations and costs for compliant exporters. It brings the export of livestock into line with other export commodities, including meat, dairy, fish and eggs.
For further information exporters are able to contact the department by email at Livestock Exports or by phone 02 6272 4581.
Live Animal Exports Branch
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Contact officer: Jessica Edington
Phone: 02 6272 4581
Email: Jessica Edington