2016-06 - Approved arrangements application form
1 April 2016
Species: All livestock
All livestock exporters
To advise all livestock exporters to use the attached application form when they apply for an approved arrangement.
- All livestock exporters may now apply for an approved arrangement using the attached form.
- The application form can also be found on the Approved arrangements for the export of livestock webpage.
- To apply, exporters need to submit their approved arrangement and completed application form to email@example.com.
- An application fee of $600 needs to be paid when the application is lodged. Audit costs of $43 per 15 minutes for the initial audit of an approved arrangement will also apply.
- It will be compulsory for all exporters to have an approved arrangement to export livestock from 1 January 2017.
An approved arrangement is an agreement between the department and a livestock exporter that allows for a more streamlined approach to export certification. The arrangement sets out the procedures an exporter employs in its business to ensure Australian Government requirements for the certification of livestock for export are met, including:
- the Australian Standard for the Export of Livestock (ASEL);
- importing country requirements; and
- other legislative requirements.
Approved arrangements will reduce unnecessary regulations and costs for compliant exporters. It brings the export of livestock into line with other export commodities, including meat, dairy, fish and eggs.
Live Animal Exports Branch
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Contact officer: Erin Payne
Phone: 02 6272 3933
Email: Erin Payne
Exporters that export four or less consignments and a total of 400 animals a year may apply to be exempt from Approved Arrangements.