2018-08 - Approved export program guidelines: further information
10 August 2018
If you have difficulty accessing these files, please visit web accessibility.
Species: All livestock
- Australian Government Accredited Veterinarians
- Livestock Exports
- Departmental Officer
- To inform all livestock exporters that approved export programs (AEPs) will now be required and that guidelines (Attachment A) are now available to assist with this process.
- To inform exporters they are required to vary their approved arrangement (AA) and submit varied AAs and apply for AEPs by 30 August 2018.
- To inform exporters that these applications must be submitted to the department for approval by 30 August 2018 in order to continue exporting beyond that date and to allow the department to approve AEPs by 31 October 2018.
All livestock exporters that hold an approved arrangement are required to vary their AA to remove the AAV specific activities and place the requirements in a separate document, the AEP.
AEP guidelines have been developed to inform exporters what types of information should be included in the AEP (Attachment A). AA guidelines have also been updated to reflect these changes (Attachment B). An application form for AEPs is included at Attachment C.
Department officers have been allocated to each exporter to assess exporters’ AA variation and AEPs and provide advice and guidance.
NOTE: There is no fee for the approval of the AEP and the revised AA, provided the AA is not varied in any other way.
All livestock exporters that hold an approved arrangement must:
Prepare approved export programs (AEP) from an existing approved arrangement.
- Remove all instructions to accredited veterinarians (land preparation and shipboard veterinarians) from the approved arrangement, the standard export plans for each market, and any management plans.
- Include all instructions about records the AAV must make and provide, and any declarations the AAV must make and provide after completing the different program of activities.
- Collate the instructions for the land based AAVs in such a way that these instructions, (including records that must be kept, and any declarations that must be made about the implementation and completion of the program), can be issued to each land based AAV preparing consignments for each species and market.
- Collate the instructions for the shipboard AAVS in such a way that the instructions, (including records that must be kept, and any declarations to the exporter that must be made about the completion of the program), can be issued to each shipboard veterinarian accompanying consignments.
- Apply to the department for approval of the AEP before 30 August 2018.
- Submit the revised AA (which no longer contains instructions to AAVs) to the department for approval before 30 August 2018.
Refer to EAN 2018-07
Live Animal Exports Branch
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Contact officer: Jessica Edington
Phone: 02 6272 4581