2020-11 - Publication of revised approved export program guidelines
29 May 2020
|Export Advisory Notice 2020-11 PDF||2||266 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing this file, please visit web accessibility.
- Australian Government Accredited Veterinarians (AAVs)
- Australian Livestock Exporters' Council
- Department Officers
- Livestock Exporters
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- Registered Premises Operators
To advise stakeholders that the revised Approved export program guidelines for the export of livestock (AEP guidelines) have been published on the department’s exporting livestock webpage.
- The AEP guidelines have been revised to support exporters to transition to the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (ASEL) 3.0.
- The key changes to the AEP guidelines include:
- removed references to the 2018 regulatory changes that required exporters to move AAV instructions out of approved arrangements and into AEPs
- clarified that exporters should only include activities that must be done by an AAV in their AEP and other activities should be included in their approved arrangement
- revised the AEP templates for land-based and shipboard AAV instructions.
- The revised AEP guidelines apply for exporters wanting to vary an AEP under ASEL 2.3 and for when they are required to vary their AEPs to comply with ASEL 3.0.
- Further information on the transition to ASEL 3.0 can be found on the department’s transition to ASEL 3.0 webpage.
- On 22 April 2020, the department published a new version of ASEL. ASEL 3.0 will apply to all consignments exported on or after 1 November 2020. ASEL 2.3 continues to apply for all consignments exported on or before 31 October 2020.
- We will notify exporters when they need to update their AEPs to comply with ASEL 3.0.
Live Animal Export Branch
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Phone: 02 6272 4581