2020-14 - Livestock exports to Vietnam – update on restriction to ports of entry
6 July 2020
|Export Advisory Notice 2020-14 PDF||2||441 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing this file, please visit web accessibility.
Species: All livestock
- Australian Livestock Exporters Council
- Livestock Exporters
- Meat and Livestock Australia
To advise livestock exporters that Vietnam has suspended a decree that only allowed livestock to enter Vietnam at certain airports and seaports.
- Vietnam implemented decree no 13/2020/ND-CP Law on Animal Husbandry (the decree) on 5 March 2020 which restricted livestock entry to certain airports and seaports.
- The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment (the department) has received advice that the article in the decree restricting livestock entry to certain airports and seaports has been suspended until 31 December 2020 by Resolution No. 91/NQ-CP dated 11 June 2020.
- This EAN updates EAN 2020-09 issued on 24 April 2020.
- Exporters seeking to send livestock to Vietnam must continue to provide the department with a valid import permit and comply with any conditions therein.
- The department recommends that exporters sending livestock consignments to seaports and airports other than those listed below check with the local seaport or airport authority, through their importer, that the consignment will be able to unload upon arrival.
- Noi Bai, Da Nang and Tan Son Nhat International airports
- Cai Lan (Quang Ninh), Hai Phong, Cua Lo (Nghe An), Da Nang, Quy Nhon (Binh Dinh), Cat Lai (Ho Chi Minh City) and Cai Mep (Ba Ria - Vung Tau) sea ports
- Exporters should contact the department for assistance if an importer identifies a potential issue prior to arrival in Vietnam or the unloading of a consignment is delayed by a Vietnamese authority upon arrival in Vietnam.
Operations and Governance
Live Animal Export
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Phone: 02 6272 4581