2020-17 - Exports to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
28 September 2020
|Export Advisory Notice 2020-17 PDF||2||123 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing this file, please visit web accessibility.
Countries: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Australian Livestock Exporters Council
- Livestock Exporters
- Meat and Livestock Australia
To inform exporters and industry bodies of the availability of new information on MICOR about livestock exports to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
- Revised conditions for the export of slaughter sheep, goats and cattle to KSA have been negotiated.
- Information about the revised conditions is available on MICoR.
- Exporters seeking to export slaughter sheep, goats or cattle to KSA must vary their approved arrangement (AA) and approved export program (AEP) approved to export these types of consignments.
- Information about the revised conditions is available on MICoR at https://micor.agriculture.gov.au/
- Exporters seeking to export slaughter sheep, goats or cattle to KSA must apply to the department to vary their AA and AEP to include these types of consignments.
- Further information on how to apply for a variation can be found on the department’s website at https://www.agriculture.gov.au/export/controlled-goods/live-animals/livestock/information-exporters-industry/approved-arrangements
- Exporters seeking to export these types of consignments must adhere to ASEL 2.3 requirements for exports prior to 1 November 2020 and ASEL 3.0 requirements for exports on or after 1 November 2020.
- The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment has now finalised its operational requirements for meeting the revised conditions for livestock exports to KSA, including the basis of certification. This process included consultation with industry bodies where feedback received was considered.
Operations and Governance
Live Animal Export Branch
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Phone: 02 6272 4581