2020-26 - Updated ASEL 3.0 policy and new core document requirements for breeder cattle by sea
30 October 2020
|Export Advisory Notice 2020-26 PDF||2||269 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, please visit web accessibility.
- Australian Government Accredited Veterinarians (AAVs)
- Australian Livestock Exporters’ Council
- Department Officers
- Livestock Exporters
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- Registered Premises (RP) Operators
To advise stakeholders that the department has published an updated policy for applying for a pregnancy test certification validity extension for breeder cattle by sea, in accordance with the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (ASEL) 3.0.
The Approved arrangements for livestock exports core documents list has also been updated to reflect new certification requirements as outlined in the policy.
- The Breeder cattle by sea – applying for a pregnancy test certification validity extension in accordance with ASEL 3.0 policy is a guide to applying to extend the validity of certification for pregnancy tests of breeder cattle exported by sea, as provided for in ASEL 3.0 standard 1.4.7 a).
- This policy has been updated to require the pregnancy test certification relevant to the extension be submitted with the application.
- The provision of this certification is now included in the Approved arrangements for livestock exports core documents list.
- Pregnancy test certification requirements in the core documents list apply only to consignments where an exporter has applied to extend the pregnancy test certification validity period.
- The updated policy has been published on the Transitioning to ASEL 3.0 webpage.
- On 22 April 2020, the department published a new version of ASEL. ASEL 3.0 will apply to all consignments that leave Australia on or after 1 November 2020. ASEL 2.3 continues to apply for all consignments that leave Australia on or before 31 October 2020.
- Further information on the transition to ASEL 3.0 can be found on the Transitioning to ASEL 3.0 webpage.
- The Breeder cattle by sea – applying for a pregnancy test certification validity extension in accordance with ASEL 3.0 policy was first published on the department’s website in May 2020. The policy provides guidance for exporters applying to extend the pregnancy test certification validity for breeder cattle exported by sea.
Live Animal Export Branch
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Phone: 02 6272 4581