2021-02 - Changes to health certificates and export permits for all live animal commodities
5 March 2021
|Export advisory notice 2021-02 PDF||2||189 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, please visit web accessibility.
To advise that health certificates and export permits, issued by the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment for all live animal commodities (including reproductive material) will be updated during March 2021 to reflect Australia’s new export legislation.
- The department is implementing new export legislation, the Export Control Act 2020 (and subordinate legislation), which will enter into force on 28 March 2021.
- To future proof export certification issued by the department, the following changes will be made to health certificates and export permits for live animal commodities:
- References to the ‘Export Control (Animals) Order 2004’ will be replaced with ‘Export Control Act’.
- References to the department’s name beneath the crest, will be updated to refer to ‘Australian Government’.
- There will be no changes made to the wording of attestations required by the importing country, the department’s regulatory control over exports or the agreed information about the consignment details as described in health certificates.
- To ensure a smooth transition to the new certification arrangements, the department has communicated with trading partners including through the World Trade Organisation (G/SPS/N/AUS/515).
- Information about the changes can also be found on the department’s website.
- Updated health certificates will be released, market by market, throughout March 2021 and during this transition period, health certificates in the old and new format may be seen.
- All export permits issued for live animal commodities will be issued in the new format from 2 March 2021.
- Should an exporter receive any enquiries from the authority of the importing country about changes to health certification, please direct them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Animal Export Branch
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment