2021-13 - ASEL Rejection Criteria Guidebook publication
30 June 2021
|Export advisory notice 2021-13 PDF||2||179 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, please visit web accessibility.
Species: Cattle, buffalo, sheep and goats
- Accredited Veterinarians (AAVs)
- Department Officers
To advise Accredited Veterinarians (AAVs) and Department Officers that the department has published a beta version of the cattle and buffalo ASEL Rejection Criteria Guidebook (guidebook) that will support the consistent application of ASEL.
- The guidebook aims to:
- clearly articulate the ASEL rejection criteria and provide clarification and technical information to users of ASEL (government and non-government) for the selection of export livestock to promote the consistent application of rejection criteria
- improve welfare outcomes for export livestock through better management prior to loading.
- The guidebook is in its beta phase and is password protected (see instructions). It contains the first part of the cattle and buffalo criteria. Additional cattle and buffalo criteria, and the sheep and goat guidebook, will be uploaded shortly. Updates will be made as required and the guidebooks will be released more broadly in coming months.
- During this beta phase, we are seeking feedback, comments and relevant media (e.g. photographs and videos of animal rejection examples) from departmental officers and AAVs on the content and layout.
- The guidebook is available on the department website
- You will need a password to access the document. This can be provided on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please email feedback and media (including description) to email@example.com.
This is the first of a series of collaborative projects to promote the consistent application of ASEL.
Animal Welfare Branch
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Phone: 02 6272 2388