2015-02 - Tasmanian Organic-dynamic producers
Date issued: 15 May 2015
Date of Expiry: Until Further Notice
Distributed to: Approved Certifying Organisations
Last Notice in the category: Nil
Instruction issued under: Export Control (Organic Produce Certification) Orders
Contact details: NPGExports@agriculture.gov.au
- To advise that from 12 May 2015 the Tasmanian Organic-dynamic Producers (TOP) is no longer approved by Department of Agriculture as a certifying organisation.
- Department of Agriculture is the Australian central competent authority responsible for the export of prescribed goods, including products labelled as organic or biodynamic.
- The legal instrument for exporting products labelled as organic or biodynamic is the Export Control (Organic Produce Certification) Orders.
- Clause 10.1 of the Government Administrative Arrangements requires that approved certification organisations shall give notice to the competent authority of any changes to its QM manual which has the potential to alter its core business activities.
- On 12 May 2015, the department was notified that all TOP’s operators were now managed by Australian Certified Organic.
- Department of Agriculture will:
- notify overseas authorities that TOP is no longer approved; and
- update department’s website on organics.
- Certifying organisations to note this advice.