2020-68 - Horticulture Exports Program – Citrus grower applications for exports to protocol markets in 2021
5 November 2020
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise the citrus industry that applications are now open for the accreditation of citrus orchards or blocks for the 2021 season.
Summary of changes and key points
- Applications are now open for the accreditation of orchards or blocks to export citrus to South Korea, China and Thailand for the 2021 season.
- If your orchard or block was accredited by the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment for exports to the above protocol markets in 2020, your details are already in the Citrus Australia online system and you will receive an email from Citrus Australia. If you have not already received an email, please contact Citrus Australia.
- If your orchard or block was not accredited in 2020 and you wish to export in 2021 to the protocol markets listed above, please contact Citrus Australia.
- Grower applications will close on 5pm AEDT, Friday 18 December 2020.
- All nominated orchards or blocks must be surveyed by a Registered Crop Monitor between 1 and 28 February 2021.
- Packhouses must ensure the crop monitor report and an orchard map are uploaded into the Citrus Australia online system and sign an electronic declaration that orchards have met quarantine requirements by 5pm AEDT, Friday 5 March 2021.
Specific market accreditation requirements
Packhouses exporting to the following markets must apply for accreditation:
- South Korea (all states; oranges and lemons only)
- China (all states)
- Thailand (all states)
Grower and packhouse responsibilities
- Growers must apply for accreditation annually.
- Growers must ensure that the supplied maps accurately reflect the block listed on the application form.
- Growers or their representatives must be available for audits by the department, to ensure compliance with the relevant work plans and protocols. Some entities may also be audited by the importing country authority.
- Audits by the department may occur pre-season and/or during the season. Any packhouse that was not accredited for the 2020 season will be audited pre-season.
- Requirements for accredited properties, including management guidelines, audit guidelines and performance standards, can be found on the Plant Export Operations Manual.
- The department can only accredit an entity for export if all protocol requirements are met.
If you have any questions regarding applying for accreditation, please email Citrus Australia.
If you have questions regarding this IAN, please email the Horticulture Exports Program.
Plant Export Operations Branch