2020-77 - Plant Export Operations – New certification requirements for hay and straw to Taiwan
21 December 2020
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise exporters that from 1 January 2021, consignments of hay and straw destined for Taiwan will require a government-issued Declaration and Certificate as to Condition (EX188).
Summary of changes and key points
- Consignments of hay and straw loaded for export to Taiwan on or after 1 January 2021 will require a government-issued Declaration and Certificate as to Condition (EX188) (see Annexure 1 for full list of products).
- Hay and straw will continue to be permitted entry into Taiwan without an accompanying phytosanitary certificate.
- Exporters should contact Assessment Services Group – Plant (NDH) to request a Declaration and Certificate as to Condition (EX188) for their consignment.
- Relevant Micor Plants cases have been updated to comply with the new requirement.
- On 28 September 2020, the Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine (BAPHIQ) of Taiwan issued notification G/SPS/N/TPKM/516/Rev.1/Add.1 notifying trading partners of the entry into force of the Quarantine Requirements for the Importation of Straw and Forage for Animal Feed as of 1 January 2021.
- Under the Quarantine Requirements for the Importation of Straw and Forage for Animal Feed, straw and forage for animal consumption are subject to animal quarantine because they are considered capable of spreading foot and mouth disease (FMD) and African swine fever (ASF). Australia is free from FMD and ASF, and Australian-origin hay and straw meet Taiwan’s animal quarantine requirements.
- Where an importing country requires government certification for non-phytosanitary purposes as a condition of entry for plant products, we may issue a Declaration and Certificate as to Condition (EX188) with the required information, provided that the request for certification is made prior to the departure of the goods from Australia.
Exporters should access the latest importing country requirements from the Micor Plants database and request a Declaration and Certificate as to Condition (EX188) for their consignments prior to the departure of the goods from Australia.
Plant Export Operations Branch
|Standard Classification of Commodities of the Republic of China (C.C.C.Code)||Description|
|1||1214.10.00.00-8||Lucerne (Alfalfa) meal and pellets|
|2||1214.90.00.90-2||Vegetable materials for forage, not elsewhere specified|
|3||2308.00.00.00-5||Vegetable materials and vegetable waste, vegetable residues and by-products, whether or not in the form of pellets, of a kind used in animal feeding, not elsewhere specified or included|