Transition to new fees and levies
The Department of Agriculture and Water Resources is changing the way we recover the costs of our importing and exporting services.
These new fees and levies came into effect from 1 December 2015.
Factsheets are available to help you understand how the new charges will affect you and your business.
Import activities and services affected by the new fees and levies include:
biosecurity approved arrangements
- biosecurity permits
- biosecurity post entry quarantine
- vessel clearance
Export activities affected by the new fees and levies include:
- authorised officers (plant export)
- dairy exports
- fish and eggs exports
- grain, seed and other plant exports
- horticulture export
- live animal exports (horses, reproductive material and other animals)
- live animal exports (livestock)
- meat exports
- non-prescribed goods.
If you have any questions, you can email Cost Recovery.