Treatment providers outside Australia

​​​​​​All care is taken to ensure the accuracy of this information. Each user waives and releases the Commonwealth of Australia to the full extent permitted by the law from all liability for loss or damage arising from the use of, or reliance on, information regarding treatments or treatment providers made available through this system, whether or not caused by any negligence on the part of the Commonwealth of Australia or its agents. In no event shall the Commonwealth of Australia be liable for any incidental or consequential damages resulting from the use or reliance on the information about treatments or treatment providers listed here. The Commonwealth of Australia is not liable for loss or damage, including negligent acts or omissions, caused by a treatment or treatment provider.

When planning to import goods into Australia, you need to check the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment Biosecurity Import Conditions system (BICON).

Conditions outlined in BICON or on an import permit may state that the goods intended to be imported into Australia require a specific treatment.

In some cases the treatment may be performed offshore (prior to the goods being exported to Australia) but some treatments may only be performed in Australia.

Departmental staff conduct documentation checks to confirm all offshore treatment certificates meet minimum requirements as outlined in the department’s publication Cargo Containers: Biosecurity Aspects and Procedures.

In addition, for some types of treatments, the department only accepts treatment certificates from approved offshore treatment providers.

Treatment types and locations of offshore treatment providers

Last reviewed: 1 March 2021
Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks! Your feedback has been submitted.

We aren't able to respond to your individual comments or questions.
To contact us directly phone us or submit an online inquiry

Please verify that you are not a robot.