Fully manufactured products (ready for retail sale) with less than 20% animal components:
Cosmetic that fall into this category may be imported without an import permit however importers need to check BICON to ensure they can satisfy other import requirements.
Partially manufactured, raw ingredients, or products with greater than 20% animal components:
The following information must accompany all applications to import cosmetics that fall into the above category:
- complete list of ingredients including percentage of each ingredient to add up to 100 per cent (please include water)
- species and country of origin for all animal derived ingredients
- complete manufacturing information for each ingredient and for the final product.
Please note: The above information must be supplied in the form of a manufacturer's declaration. The declaration must be:
- from the manufacturer
- on manufacturer's letterhead (including company address and country)
- signed by a senior company employee from the site of manufacture whose name, title and contact details also appear
- dated and free from erasures and uncertified alterations (all alterations must be initialled by the senior company employee responsible for signing the declaration)
- written in English.