IFN 07-19 – Minimum documentary and import declaration requirements policy review
12 April 2019
We are reviewing our current policy for minimum documentary and import declaration requirements.
Minimum documentary and import declaration requirements policy
This policy defines our minimum requirements for documentation when lodging an import declaration to us. It supports the department’s risk assessment of imported goods, containers and vessels for biosecurity and food safety.
What has changed?
The Minimum documentary and import declaration requirements policy will be updated to reflect food safety requirements as follows:
- added requirements for Imported Food Inspection Scheme (IFIS) importer declarations
- added requirements for Food Safety Management Certificates (FSMC)
- improved clarity on requirements for food safety certification
- improved clarity on declaring the producer of imported food
- improved clarity on requirements for the Lot Code List.
Have your say
We want to hear from you. Your feedback will help inform our revisions to the policy.