IFN 07-20 – Have your say on maturing our regulatory practice
Date of effect: 24 September 2020
All stakeholders interested in providing feedback on how the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment is approaching the way it conducts regulatory practice.
To advise that we are currently developing a Regulatory Practice Statement (Statement) and, as a stakeholder who interacts with regulation we administer, we are seeking your views on elements we intend to include.
- The Statement is intended to be a seminal document that will steer how we approach improving our regulatory capability and performance. We intend to publish it in early 2021.
- Prior to machinery of government changes taking effect, we were the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources and Department of the Environment and Energy. Our former departments were both advancing regulatory maturity work and you may have been involved in these conversations.
- Our newly formed department continues to advance a public service priority of congestion busting, and this includes the way we perform our regulatory activities.
- We welcome and invite all stakeholder thoughts on concepts relevant to how we regulate via the department’s Have Your Say Platform.
- Provided through the link below, you will find a background paper that sets out how we developed and intend to use the Statement. There is also a presentation highlighting what we think is important to include. We refer to it during the survey.
- For more information and to provide feedback, please visit Maturing our Regulatory Practice.
Subscribe for updates
Stay updated on changes to the requirements for imported food. Subscribe to the Imported Food Inspection Scheme imported food notices.